Lady Willingdon Hospital ManaliManali is quite advanced in comparison to other hill stations when it comes to providing healthcare services. Good quality medical care and health care service is provided by trained medical teams who have access to all modern facilities and high quality medical equipment. Hospitals in Manali have good facilities right from pediatrics, general surgery, and comprehensive medical services to special treatment courses.
History of Lady Willingdon HospitalThe Lady Willingdon Hospital was established in 1935 as a small one room dispensary by the late Vicerene named Lady Willingdon. This hospital was built in return of the requests of the local people for a well rounded medical care facility. Today the hospital is well expanded with all modern facilities and has more than 100 beds for servicing patients. Regular health camps, medical care drives and educational tours are organized by Lady Willingdon Hospital staff.
Departments of Lady Willingdon Hospital
General Surgery UnitThe general surgery unit in Lady Willingdon Hospital is spearheaded by eminent surgeons like Dr D.S Virk (former director health services, Punjab) and Dr Philip Alexander (trained from Westmead Hospice Sydney). Approximately 700 surgeries per year take place in this hospital. Services provided in general surgery unit are:
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Endourology surgery with TURP (Trans urethral resection of the prostrate under S.A)
- Ureteronoscopy surgery
- All kinds of endoscopic surgery
- Pediatric emergency surgery
- Plastic surgery (pedicle flaps and grafts)
- Emergency Craniotomy
- Emergency Thoracotomies surgery
Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine UnitThe internal Medication and emergency unit in Lady Willingdon hospital is ideal for critical care of patients who are confronted with a serious medical issue. There is an inbuilt unit for providing various emergency care services. Some of the emergency care services offered are as under.
- Intensive Care Monitoring
- Ventilation services
- Defibrillation services
- External pacing services
- Emergency ambulance transportation
- Secure Ventilation transfer to higher medical care center
Gynecology and Obstetrics UnitLady Willingdon hospital is properly equipped to take care of emergency care and operational obstetrics. There are well maintained facilities supervised by Dr Rashmi Bohra for all gynecological processes. There is a special baby clinical care service that is operational on Friday. Some of the services that are available here are as follows:
- Hysteroscopy operation
- Antenatal care facility
- Prenatal care facility
- Neonatal specialized care facility
- Other gynecological operative processes
Ophthalmologic UnitOphthalmology or eye care is a very important area of general health care and the town of Manali is well served by Lady Willingdon Eye care division. Dr Sandeep Anand is a visiting eye surgeon who regularly visits the center. Services performed at Ophthalmology center are:
- Routine eye check up service
- Refractive surgery
- Cataract operation
- Glass fitting service
- Squint corrective surgery
X Ray and Ultra Sound UnitX Ray services and ultrasound facilities are generally required for diagnostic processes in medical care. Manali’s largest X ray and ultrasound capacity lies in Lady Willingdon hospital and people from nearby areas also travel here to access this facility. Equipment capacity of this hospital is as under.
- Image intensifier machines in casualty department and operating theater
- Hyterosalpingogram service
- Intravenous urograms
- Barium studies
- Retrograde urethrograms
Other Treatment Facilities in WillingdonBesides the above mentioned facilities there are the following other medical services at Lady Willingdon Hospital:
- Basic and specialized dental service comprising of but not limited to root canal treatment, teeth implants, professional flossing and cleansing services etc.
- Physiotherapy department with efficient physiotherapists, doctors and nurses who perform interventional and operational physiotherapy is present. There is also a facility for providing home care service for bed ridden patients in Manali villages.
- There is a well stocked in house pharmacy (24*7 open) which gives patients the access to latest medicines, injections and health care products at affordable rates
- The outpatient service takes care of approximately 200-500 patients every day. There is a team of 6 doctors allotted specifically to this area.
Contact Details of Lady Willingdon Hospital
Lady Willingdon Hospital
Manali - 175131
Phone no.: 01902 252 379