Manali Municipal CouncilManali Administration is looked after by different government bodies and Municipal Council of Manali is one of them. Manali Municipal Council is responsible for various activities and works under the Directorate of Urban Development of Himachal Pradesh. Read this article to know more about Manali Municipal Council.
About Manali Municipal CouncilIn the year 1985-1986, Himachal Pradesh Government had established the Directorate of Urban Development so that monitoring, controlling and directing of various activities being performed by Urban Local Bodies of the state could become easier.
The directorate became responsible for looking after administrative, legislative and developmental activities of 50 local bodies of the state.
It includes twenty nine municipal councils, twenty nagar panchayats and one Municipal Corporation.
Functions of Municipal Council ManaliHere are the various functions that are performed by the Municipal Council Manali. The functions are listed as per the guidelines of the Municipal Act (1994).
- Building construction and regulating the use of land
- Town planning
- Planning that lead to economical and social development of Manali
- Construction of bridges and roads and looking after the same
- Looking after public health, public sanitation and management of solid waste of entire Manali Town
- Improvement of the slum areas of Manali
- Projects to alleviate poverty and help in the improvement of people who are below poverty line
- To look after the interest of people living below poverty line
- Providing amenities like public gardens, playgrounds and parks
- Construction and looking after of cattle ponds
- To prevent cruelty to animals
- Looking after amenities and facilities like public conveyance, parking places, bus stops, street lights and others
- Birth and death registrations
- Management of Sewerage and drainage system
- Looking after town hall and municipal rest houses
Projects of Manali Municipal CouncilMany projects have already been started by Manali Municipal Council and many new projects have been proposed so that there is an upscale in the standard of this quaint hill station and residents as well as tourists could get benefitted by better planning and administration.
The projects of Manali Municipal Council are:
- Proposed parking project near Manali Bus Stand: One storey shopping complex and two storey parking
- Treatment Plant for Solid Wastes: There is already a plant located at Rangri at Manali that helps in the management of solid wastes. Another plant for the treatment of solid wastes is planned by the Manali Municipal Council. The plant is planned at Nehru Jun and would serve the hotels in the outskirts of the town and various residential areas.
- Stray Dog projects: Manali Municipal Council is associated with NGOs who look after the sterilization of stray dogs.
- Proposed project of constructing eight Sulabh Sauchalaya
- Setting up of street lights
- Proposed project to beautify Ram Bagh and also to upgrade Manu Ragshala
Contact Information of Manali Municipal Council
Municipal Council Manali
Near Nehru Park
Manali - 175131
Phone No.: 01902 252 363 / 01902 252 351 / 01902 254 202 / 01902 251 451
Fax No.: 01902 252 351
Email Id.: firstname.lastname@example.org